Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Loneliest Planet



 The Loneliest Planet- I would have posted the trailer but it just wasn't good.  It made the movie seem like a thriller- when it's really not.  I had never heard of this movie till I found it on Netflix when I looked up Gael Garcia Bernal.  I think most of his movie roles are really smart and he's just really beautiful.  The movie explores the intimate, personal, even ordinary moments between two lovers as they travel through the Caucasus Mountains in Georgia.  Their relationship challenged by the adventure of being in new unknown territory.  I love the way these two feel together immediately as the movie begins- it's a familiar feeling of deep love- the intimate details one knows about the other and how they take care of each other.  Definitely a slower movie- most of the conversation is felt within their silences. It is well done and understated.